Thursday, July 31, 2014

Not a Fan

I like to think of myself as being open minded.  I will try anything once (maybe twice if you really convince me) and really like to learn new things.  I'm not set in my ways, I'm open minded, and love experiencing new people, places and things.  With that said, there are a number of items that seem to have a large following - die hard fans, fans that will try and talk you in to becoming a fan yourself.  I have tried.  More than once. 


 

I just can't convince myself to like:

1. Country Music.  I know this is a touchy one.  And, I love music.  Love love love music.  But country?  I just can't get myself to like it.  I've tried.  My friends took me to a country bar and I only really enjoyed myself when the band went on break and they played club music from about 2004.  ("Get Low", "Yeah", "Tipsy" = pure bliss for this girl!)  I am going to keep trying at this one though, because my besties and I are planning a trip to Nashville!

2.  Toms.  Ok, I have tried Toms on more than one occassion.  I love the concept behind them, love the pretty fabrics to choose from, but the shoes themselves look ridiculous on me.  On E?  Adorable.  So I'll continue to buy Tiny Toms for the girls, just not for myself.

3.  Sushi.  Friends, I even lived in Japan for a summer and I still can't bring myself to like sushi.  If someone is lucky enough to drag me to a sushi place, I only want tempura.  Yes, I've tried it.  A lot of times.  No, more soy sauce or wasabi will not make it better for me.

4.  The Bachelorette.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good reality show.  But that's my problem - I have so many on DVR that something has to get cut.  So, I can easily cut The Bachelorette.  The Bachelor is way more entertaining with the cattiness.  And I can "meet" the dudes from Bachelorette on "Bachelor in Paradise" - starting next week, yes!!

5.  Sea Salt.  On everything.  Why?  Can we just leave my chocolate as chocolate?  Adding salt does not make it better.  There is one exception to this:
Costco Salted Caramels, Sanders brand (also at Trader Joe's, but why buy them there when you can get a HUGE container at Costco?!)

 
6.  White Jeans.  I really, really wanted to like these.  I even bought a pair of cropped jeans, just to turn around and return them.  I guess they just aren't practical on me.  A toddler + a baby + white pants = total disaster.

7.  Pumpkin Everything.  Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bagels.  Enough pumpkin!  I do understand liking the thought of pumpkin meaning it's Fall, but the taste is just not for me.

8.  Starbucks/Coffee.  I just don't like coffee.  The smell of it, the taste of it, the price of it!  My husband loves his Starbucks and goes every day.  He has had a gold card for as long as I can remember and is borderline obsessed.  I don't like coffee from anywhere though, the closest I'll get is a gas station cappuchino (I know you coffee drinkers just cringed at that!)

9.  "Friends".  I might be the only person my age that can't quote the show.  Sure, I watched it here and there, mostly when other people had it on.  But, I don't remember storylines, I only remember some of the character's names, and have never watched a rerun.

10.  Red Wine.  This only belongs in Sangria, and only if that's the only option.  I'll take a vodka and anything, please.

Anyone else like me?  What things are you not a fan of?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11 comments:

  1. I cannot quote Friends either! I think I watched the first season back in the day but that's it. I hate coffee as well and I'll go as far as saying the smell makes me gag. And I am a vodka girl as well, frig wine! We were definitely destined to be besties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who didn't like The Bachelor? See? We are the same! ;) Red wine gives me headaches, sushi is nasty but pumpkin bread is wonderful. Pumpkin coffee? No; just no. Starbucks? Yuck...bitter! However, feel free to send me a jar (or 2 or 3) of those caramels. I'm a sucker for anything caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I drink coffee I either make it from home, because budgets! Or I'll go to quick trip and get a .99 cent medium coffee... so yeah, gas station coffee.
    And yes, red wine = sangria. always! I do love a good chardonnay or moscato though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Country music is becoming less and less "country" in my opinion.
    The only red I can drink is a Sweet Red from Sutter Home.
    I also cannot do white jeans or Toms. They just aren't me.
    I hate the pumpkin everything Fall brings. The only pumpkin I eat is the Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Brownies my mom makes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to nearly all of these except I'm wearing white jeans as we speak (no kids! and bleach) and I can't wake up without coffee (but Starbucks isn't my favorite anymore). And I like fake Toms because I'm cheap! I don't like beer or any show that comes on CBS or the Real Housewives... none of them are for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with you on some of these! Especially the "salt to chocolate" one - stop ruining our chocolate lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on many of these! And I suppose I can look past your dislike for country music as long as you're willing to keep giving it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bachelorette/Bachelor are awful. I just can't watch without cringing. Especially because I did watch part of on of the Bachelorette's because I knew a guy who was "one of the guys." In real life, he's about the nicest guy ever, but I could tell how the producers took things that he said out of context and purposefully portrayed him in a bad light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha!!! "Get Low" = pure bliss for this girl. That's hilarious. (And I totally want to have a girls night with you now!) I did not always like country music but I do like it now... but only really listen to it when I'm on a long road trip or sometimes in the afternoon when I'm writing. (Please remember when you go to Nashville- the downtown is nicknamed "Nashvegas" for a reason... not all of Nashville is full of honkey tonks! ha!) .... you have never watched a Friends rerun??? I have no words. NO words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have to agree with you on the country music thing ... the furthest I would get to is Taylor Swift and thats a stretch haha. But how can you not love sushi though??? My sushi loving heart is crying! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did we just become best friends! I HATE country music!!! The only thing on your list that I kind of like is sea salt.. I do like Frappucino from Starbucks but if I order it then I am getting it with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle to drown out the coffee flavor.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!