Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Letter to A

I'm not entirely sure where the last year went, but today at 4am you turned one year old.  This past year has gone by entirely too fast - but each moment has brought me more joy than you can ever understand.

It's hard for me to say that you are now a toddler, so just know that you will always be my baby.  Your first year was filled with so many emotions - for all of us!  From day one, you were such a relaxed little girl that slept perfectly and blended in to our family so well that it was like you were always meant to be there.

The moment you were born (at a whopping almost 10 lbs!) you stole my heart.  You were supposed to be born on your Papa's birthday, June 29, but instead you decided that the doctors would need to force you out ten days later.  You were, and still are, most comfortable right by me - always cuddling and making my heart melt. 

Watching you grow has filled Daddy and my heart exponentially.  As soon as you were aware, you were smitten by your older sister.  She can do no wrong in your eyes, and I hope that the bond you both have today continues for the rest of your lives.  You recently took a liking to Charlie - and all dogs in general - cooing at the sight of them, loving their kisses on your face! 

You completed us.  You gave E a sister, a relationship that is so special that you won't truly understand it until you are older.  I wish that you continue to explore, learn and grow with your adorable smile permanently on your face.  I wish that you always have some form of your "easy-going" personality throughout life.  And I thank you for loving and needing me.  I love you with all of my heart.  Happy First Birthday A!

1 Day Old


Love the Here and Now
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest letter!! How wonderful and special! You should write this down and save them for when she turns 18 and moves off to college, then give them to her.

    I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy first birthday to your sweet girl!! :) This was a treat to read - so special and full of love. It's so hard to see them no longer being our babies isn't it?! I wish I could hit 'pause' sometimes and just soak in every minute, expression, laugh...enjoy celebrating her big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Love this letter...something you can have forever to remember the big {and little} moments! Hope you have a fabulous day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.....Happy Birthday A! Such a sweet letter. I cringed though....10 lbs 10 days late? You are my hero! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. Happy birthday little A!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, A!!! What a sweet picture of her as a newborn! (that little face!) This was such a sweet post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Happy birthday to her she is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and I adore that photo!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!