Monday, July 21, 2014

Celebrating the Bride

This weekend I was in Iowa, celebrating my sister's upcoming wedding with a bridal shower. It was so nice to spend time with family and have three days of just us. I got my bridesmaid dress (and happy to report it was big, not too small!) and E got her flower girl dress. She looks so adorable in it! But, being the bad blogger that I am, I didn't take ONE picture! Fail. I do, however, have a very yummy drink to share with you. I first had this at a barbeque and knew it was the perfect drink for a shower. I changed it up a bit, but you can find the original recipe here.

source - Betty Crocker



(This is enough to fill a glass drink dispenser, cut in half for a pitcher)

4 cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
30 cups sparkling water (recipe called for 24, I added more to make is less sweet)
4 lemons, sliced
2 pints blueberries
2 pints raspberries
2 lbs strawberries, stemmed and halved
1 cup mint leaves
bottle of Limoncello

Start the night before and fill three plastic cups of water.  Add a few lemon slices in each and freeze.  the next day, mix all of the other ingredients, except for the Limoncello.  Remove the large lemon ice cubes and add.  We put the Limoncello next to the dispenser instead of adding it, in case people wanted extra booze people wanted a virgin drink. 

It was delicious, refreshing and oh so good.  The perfect summer and shower drink - Betty Crocker does it again!

Today I'm linking up with Ember Grey for Grateful Heart Monday.  I'm so grateful to have spent time with my family, including those that I don't get to see very often.  I'm grateful for my stepmom, who took A for me after I had been up with her since 3am so I could get a few more hours of sleep.  (Apparently she thinks she's a newborn again).  I'm grateful for my sister and cannot wait to watch her marry her fiance, who fits in perfectly to our family. 


Ember Grey

What are you grateful for? Happy Monday friends!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and refreshing! I may have to try and whip this drink up this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! This looks great! I wonder what it would taste like if you replaced some of the sparkling water with champagne????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks totally delicious!! I was just talking about how I wanted to make a limoncello drink. I found a pink limoncello at a random liquor store last week and I'm dying for a reason to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Limoncello is delish - albeit a bit strong for me haha! I bet you could swap in any liquor without flavor, like vodka maybe?! Your weekend sounds lovely - you'll just have to take pics at the actual wedding so we can see said dresses!! ;)
    Bug is also not sleeping well. Pretty sure it's an incisor trying to erupt. FUN CITY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am laughing and nodding my head w/ this comment - I was totally thinking "ooh, you could add vodka!" I completely support this.

      Delete
  5. Looks so yummy! I have a bachelorette this weekend and cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, Betty Crocker is THE GAL. Thank you for sharing this, I will definitely be trying this out at my upcoming little summer dinner party! :) Thanks so much for linking up today, Meagan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This drink is right up my alley! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm....this looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna have to try this when we visit my parents in september.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!