Friday, July 25, 2014

A Joyful Week

I had a great week - some things developing at work, tonight I am going out with some girlfriends (one of which hasnt had a drink since her baby was born... TEN months ago!) and Saturday we have a wedding.  My awesome mom is driving in from Iowa to spend the night with our girls so Tim and I can have a night away.  I love weddings for this reason - a date night, with all our friends, and no planning required!

THANK YOU to everyone that linked up last week for Blogger Love!  I loved reading all of your posts and found a few new blogs to follow from your great suggestions.  I hope you all found some new bloggers as well.  Is it just me, or were there a number of great posts this week?  I could definitely post more than five.  Something must have been in the water.

"When Life Doesn't Feel Right" by Seriously, Sarah?  While reading this post about Sarah's struggle with Cervical Dystonia, I could feel her emotion through my computer screen.  It was a tough read because of that, but I have so much respect for her to put her feelings out there for everyone to experience.

"Don't Try So Hard" by The Florkens.  I'm pretty sure that this post will make it on to some other lists, as it should be.  The Florkens are hosting a one-time link up with others for all of us to show ourselves without our hair or makeup done, but all natural.  It's an amazing idea, and I want to participate... just need to convince myself to go for it!

"You are More than a Number" by Love the Here and Now.  Ok, so I know that I feature Anne most weeks - but she seriously gets me.  This post was written for me, I swear.  I was just feeling down because I was having a "feel bad for myself" day.  Tight clothes = check. Hungry because I'm trying to "diet" = check.  All because of the moment I had stepped on the scale earlier that day. Anne reminded me that its not what that number says, but how we feel.  Thank you Anne!

"Summer Camp" by The Taily Day.  Oh how I related to this post.  I went to summer camp every summer, until the year my parents sent me to a three week long camp.  It basically scarred me for life - maybe a story for another day - but I loved remembering some of those moments via Taylor's post.  Plus, she was in Iowa - lots of love for Iowa of course!

"The One Thing: A Sister's Love" written by Katie, featured on Ember Grey.  I was blown away at the writing skills of Katie at just 16, as she lay awake in her sister's hospital room.  I had never read her blog before, but that short exerpt from her teenage diary hooked me instantly.  Seriously, go read it.

Want to link up and share the love?  Just a few guidelines - share at least one post by another blogger that you loved from this past week, so you can participate in as many Friday link-ups as you'd like. The link-up closes Sunday night.  Grab the button if you'd like!  Also, don't forget to click around below and check out some new-to-you bloggers!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring me and for hosting such a great link up! Many of these I had read and LOVED! Off to check out the ones I missed. I added The Florkens link up to my calendar the other day when they announced it....love the idea ands concept. Hope you have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good link-up! SO much fun to find new readers that I would not have seen otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Meagan!!! I am tearing up a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, LOVE all of your fabulous blog finds! I'll be back for the link-up next week...promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! I hadn't read Florkens' post... headed there now. (And finally linked up- I'd written my post for it today and totally forgot to link up! ha!) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The One Thing: A Sister's Love was on my list to fave as well - so beautiful and moving!! Sad to miss this one because of our fun embassy business but I'll be joining the fun again next week :) Off to read your other faves now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to check out these posts. I didnt blog Friday so I couldnt link up! This Friday for sure though!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!