Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Working on my Fitness

I am horrible when it comes to sticking with things.  I get an amazing idea in my head, make all the plans to execute it, begin it, and usually let it fade away.  This mostly applies to diets, working out, eating healthy and everything that goes with it.

When I was younger, I never had to worry about gaining weight.  In fact, I could have gained some and looked even better.  Of course, in college, I gained some of the "Freshman 15", but honestly it wasn't bad.  I didn't work out, drank ate whatever I wanted and never worried about how I looked. 

After college it all went downhill.  Suddenly I was not walking miles to class every day, and sitting at a desk took it's toll.  Add turning 25, then 30, marriage and two kids - needless to say, I'm not happy about how I look.

But it's more than how I look.  I want to be healthy.  I want to be able to fight sickness and disease if I should ever face it.  This year has been a test for a few people that are very close to me.  Through their health struggles I have realized that I need to do better with my health.  I need to be strong, be here for my babies and husband, family and friends.

I've recommitted to MyFitnessPal and have been going strong for a week now (and lost 4 lbs!).  I started a new workout program in Daily Burn and have done it every day for a week.  I am drinking more water, gave up Diet Coke (again - oops).  I am doing this for me, but also for my family. 

Today I'm linking up with Anne from Love the Here and Now for Wednesday Wishes.  This week I'm wishing for strength to continue this journey to become a healthier (and better looking, let's be honest) me.  Strength to say no to too much delicious pizza, to stop myself from buying Lindt truffles.  I'm wishing for the desire to eat natural sugar instead, fruits.  To crave water and vegetables.  I know this takes time, but it's what I am striving for.

Any other tips or words of the wise? Help me out!


Love the Here and Now

8 comments:

  1. 4 pounds! Woo! My husband has been totally committed to the Daily Burn for the past few weeks. He is doing the begginer's one, but is going to move to kettle bells next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 lbs in a week??? Damn!!! That's awesome. I need to be better about taking care of myself, eating healthy and working out. Its so hard because let's face it, food tastes so good. Fruits and veggies yes, but shoot....sweets are my downfall. I have my Fitness Pal only phone. I should probably reintroduce myself to it. More than anything, like you, I want to be here for my family and a role model for my daughters.

    Thanks for linking up...always so happy to have you join me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! You can absolutely do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. exercise, exercise, exercise! water, water, water! no more soda, give up bread (if you can-i did because i didn't LOVE it so it was really easy for me to give up, but you love it-leave it) and just eat wraps. you can still have the sandwich you want just on a wrap instead. drink a ton of water! i gave up unhealthy food that i wasn't totally in love with, so i could still eat the food i am in love with. i don't eat bread or pasta (very often) i replace turkey with beef whenever i can (i will always say yes to steak and i will eat a hamburger but if a turkey burger is an option i chose that) i gave up eating mayo, i stopped eating cheese on EVERYTHING-just things where it's necessary (tacos, lasagna, etc) ...but i still eat ice cream!! (in moderation but i was NOT about to give that up) i find if you just don't do stuff you absolutely hate, you can stick with it. if i had to give up steak or ice cream i would be miserable but i'm not miserable trading in my bread for a wrap or for skipping the cheese on my salad or using mustard instead of mayo. on top of that with a good 4-5 day a week workout regimen you'll be good to go in no time. good luck & have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats exactly me! I make a plan and Im hardcore for a week and then I just stop or slow down. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's crazy to think that I'm actually saying this, but you really can get to the point where you crave fruits and veggies (not raw veggies though, ew ;). I had to do a gut repair diet recently for many months and am still mostly on it and through that can't have things like dairy, gluten, refined sugars, etc. But there are so many healthy versions of the things we love, like sweets, that I'm really not deprived (like coconut crystals for any sugar use). And I lost all the weight I needed to and then stopped losing weight even though I continued eating that way. I just wanted to encourage you that your wish can come true! You just have to replace the bad foods with healthy equivalents and not try to cut them out of your life altogether. (I highly recommend the recipes at brittanyangell.com. She can make a healthy version of anything!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on wanting to be healthier and be able to say no to all the naughty food pleasures out there...! I just started doing these 30 Day Fitness Challenges - of course I went whole hog and signed up to 3 at once, yikes...trying not to burn out now - but it's good to get back moving in some way. Feeling good about making the right decisions for my body is my motivation right now...and desperately wanting to make it to the end of the 30 days without quitting! You can do this!! Say that to yourself every day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!