Monday, June 23, 2014

Bachelorettes Have More Fun

I feel like I have been on the go since early June.  The day I got back from Iowa was E's first tap class, then mad preperations for my sister's Bachelorette party.  Now work is being a real treat - with two big projects due this week.  But instead of killing myself over those, I've decided to relive my weekend.  (The government will be cool with me extending my deadlines, right?!)

Summer in Chicago.  There are so many fun things to do, and because half of her guests were coming in from out of town, we made it a weekend-long event.  Friday night was kicked off with dinner at Chiwowa.  We had delicious tacos, guac, churros and of course, margaritas.  (I'm bad and didn't snap any photos this night #badblogger).

Saturday was supposed to be spent on a boat in Lake Michigan, but in true Chicago weather-form, it was cold and foggy.  The captain cancelled our ride so instead we went out for brunch and got pedicures.  The rest of the day was spent just relaxing and preparing for that night - which turned out to be a good thing because we would have been so tired if we didn't rest!

That night after opening presents, we surprised the bride with a party bus to take us to Packing House for a rooftop night, where there were amazing views of the city.  Notice Willis Sears Tower!



After dancing and drinking the night away, we cabbed it back and promptly fell asleep.  It was 3am afterall, the latest I have been up since the baby was a newborn - so obviously for very different reasons!  The next morning we woke up to coffees, bagels and Gatorade in the fridge - all from her sweet fiance.  (He definitely gained some points there, not that he needed any!)
 
 

She had a great night with all of her closest friends and family, so we're counting this as a success!  I am very grateful to have her in my life.  She's technically my "step" sister, but we just call each other sisters.  It's easier that way, and why not call it how it is?  She has taught me to laugh at the stressful things in life, enjoy every moment and love deeply. 
 
I am linking up with Emily from Ember Grey for Grateful Heart Monday.  What are you grateful for?

Ember Grey.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. I was loving your Instagram account over the weekend ;) I have never been to Chiwowa! How is that?! Sounds like you gals had a great time, and now I want to go to a bachelorette party! (A girls night would do, too) ;) (And YES- Sears Tower 4ever.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! What an awesome fiance! Very thoughtful. Sounds like you've been so busy--but happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! My husband was in Chicago for there weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an AMAZING weekend!! :) I love a good hen party - it's hard to stay up that late now isn't it?? It is for me, ha! I am seriously craving some fabulous Mexican food now...it's not so easy to find that over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a blast! Love your photos! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend looks and sounds like a blast! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a blast!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh! What a fun weekend! And I seriously L.O.V.E all the life lessons you've gained from your sister....the girl seems to have her priorities straight! I think I need to read a few pages from her book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time! Made me want to be in another wedding party...Heehee...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!