Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunshine Award

I was so surprised and happy to open an email from Tabitha at A Hundred Tiny Wishes saying that she nominated me for the Sunshine Award!  Then it got even better - Anne at Love the Here and Now nominated me as well!  It's so nice to hear that someone loves what you are putting out there!



Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2.  Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
3.  Nominate 11 bloggers to recieve the award
4.  Write your own 11 questions for those bloggers
5.  Notify them of their award

Eleven Random Facts About Me...
1.  I am scared of bridges.  If I am driving and am stopped on a bridge - I immediately plan my escape, should the bridge fall.  (I was living in Minneapolis when the I-35 bridge collapsed and have been scared of this ever since!)

2.  I used to think I would have loved four children.  Now, I might be ok with two.

3.  I won a city-wide contest in 3rd grade for making a fire safety poster.  It was featured on billboards around Cedar Rapids and I felt like a celebrity.

4.  When we got our family dog when I was younger, her previous owner had already named her "Megan".  After multiple family meetings and weeks of deciding, she was renamed "Millie".

5.  I don't like chocolate ice cream or chocolate cake, but love plain chocolate.

6.  I bite my nails. (ugh)

7.  My husband sleeps with the windows open all year round (unless the a/c is on).  Even in the winter.  I sleep with a lot of blankets.

8.  I haven't paid for a cell phone or service in six years.

9.  I love to color.  I'm talking coloring books and crayons.  It relaxes me.

10.  I despise folding the laundry.  I will "fluff" it over and over just to avoid folding it.

11.  I still use the first email address I ever had, going on 15+ years now.


Questions from Tabitha...
1.  Why did you start blogging, and how did your blog get its name?
I have been reading blogs for a really long time.  As I started commenting more, I thought "Why not do this myself?".  It was something that I could dedicate my free time to, something I could make "mine".  The name was difficult to choose!  "All the Joys" reminds me that there is always something good to find in each day, even if it's a bad day.

2.  Do you have any tattoos?
I have two.  One on my hip - a butterfly.  This was a "I'm 18 and a freshman in college - my parents cant tell me no!" tattoo.  The other is a flower on my foot.  One of my besties and I got them during Spring Break of our Junior year.

3.  Do you have any children?  Any funny stories about how they got their names?
Two girls.  No funny stories on their names, although A wasn't named for a few hours after she was born.  We were torn between two!

4.  What is your favorite food?
Mexican or pizza.  I can't pick one!

5.  What are three beauty things you can't live without?
1.  Concealer.  I've always had circles under my eyes, my children have just made them darker!
2.  Brozer/Blush.  Just a little pick me up so I don't look so tired and pale all the time.
3.  Chapstick.  I hate the feeling of dry lips.

6.  What is your favorite color?
Purple.  Any shade of purple.

7.  Name three places you would love to go, and why.
Italy - the romance, the food, the wine!
Australia - Would love to snorkel here.
Greece - Ever since "Sisters of the Travelling Pants" - I have to see it!

8.  What is your favorite blog post that you have ever written?
Probably my post A Letter to E.  I will write a letter to her on every birthday.  I hope that someday she will read them and know just how much she is loved.

9.  What is your favorite memory?
My wedding!  Just having all of our friends and family in one place was so amazing.  It makes me sad to think that we will never have that group of people together at one time again.

10.  What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?
Tough one.  That I don't like cats.  At all.  Or anything about them.  (Sorry Jess)

11.  Name three things on your summer bucket list.
1.  Get a good tan, safely.
2.  Go to the beach, any beach!
3.  Get a night or two away for just me and the hubs.

I nominate...
Anne from Love the Here and Now
Krystal from The Kay Times
Veronica from Adventures of D and V
Leslie from Martin Manifesto
Elisabeth from My Cup of Sparkle
Emily from Ember Grey
Rachael from Lumuhand
Sarah from Seriously Sarah
Amanda from Peaches in Missouri
Amanda from Notes From a Newlywed

My Questions to You...
1.  How long have you been blogging?
2.  What is your favorite part about blogging?
3.  Do you like where you live?  If no, where would you like to live?
4.  What is your favorite tv show - of all time?
5.  Dogs or cats?  Why?
6.  What is your favorite season?
7.  Are you an early bird or night owl?
8.  What do you think is the best and worst thing about being a woman?
9.   If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
10.  If you were given the opportunity to go back in time and change one thing in your life, would you?
11.  Coke or Pepsi?

6 comments:

  1. My answer to #6 would have been exactly the same as yours :)

    Thank you so much for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridges and purple...YES!!!! What's the secret on the cell phone? Our bill with 5 phones is astronomical! Thanks for the nomination...so appreciated! XXOOXXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Megan! I love your summer bucket list and purple is my fave colour as well!

    Oh and I'm loving the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well first of all, THANK YOU!!!! :) Secondly, OH MY GOSH, your new design is SO cute!!! Isn't that funny how you grow up thinking you want __ number of kids and then when you start having them, it usually changes? ALL of my girl friends have changed their number since having kids. My bff used to want 5-6 kids (and I seriously saw her doing it) and now, after having two, she and her husband have said no more than 3 ;) I'm laughing over your hubby keeping the windows open. Mine sleeps with a fan (on his side, because I can't stand it)... I, too, sleep with lots of blankets ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH and I'm dying laughing over your family meetings about the dog. hahaha!!!!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination! Promise I'll get around to actually doing my post soon...hopefully this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!