Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stitch Fix - August

This month, I took my time going through my pieces and carefully wrote down each brand and price, since I didn't think to do that before sending them back last month.  I really feel like the stylists are starting to understand what I like and don't like - this is largely in part to me leaving comments on each piece that I don't keep.  Let's get to it, shall we?


Market and Spruce Torin French Terry Stripe Blazer - $72.  I didn't think I would like this, mostly because of the stripes.  When I tried it on it was so cute - and made my waist look really small (no easy feat these days!) but when buttoned, it was too tight.  Sent Back.

Collective Concepts Lizette Chevron Print Long Sleeve Belted Shirt Dress - $88.  I really liked this on - I pictured it with tights and boots.  The only problem was that it was a bit tight in the thighs, a forever problem of mine.  My top and bottom are not the same size, making dress shopping usually a disaster resulting in tears and a mall soft pretzel to make me feel better.  (That's absolutely counter productive, and I know it :) ) Sent Back.

Dainel Rainn Bilson Dot Print Pleat Detail Blouse - $68.  At first glance, I thought I wouldn't be keeping this.  Mostly because I have a thing for polka dots, and neutral colors, thus my closet is full of them.  Once I tried it on, I was smitten.  It tapers in a bit in the waist and is so cute.  I can already picture it with skinnies and flats in the fall.  Kept.

Bay to Baubles Mckensie Natural Stone Pendant - $32.  (Nail polish to show size.  The color is Essie Playdate if you are interested!) I sort of liked this.  It is simple, understated and would go with most of my clothes.  I wasn't crazy about the color - it was sort of a mauve, trying to be pink.  Sent Back.

Market and Spruce Abi Colorblock Maxi Dress - $88.  I love a good maxi.  But this one was too long (I'm 5'7) and the gathering in the waist area was not a good look for me.  Sent Back.
 
So, what do you think of my choices?  Anything you would have kept that I sent back? 
 
If you are interested in signing up and would like to give me referral credit (bless your heart!), here is my link: Sign Up for Stitch Fix.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. I love Stitch Fix! I haven't had a Fix in a while, and your post is making me want to order another one ASAP. I need a bigger clothes budget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely would've kept the shirt too! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Stitch Fix. I'm going to do my research and then go through you if I decide to sign up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shirt you kept! and Im laughing at the 'mauve trying to be pink' line haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shirt! Good choice. I do have to say though that I like the blazer too but they are hard to fit without trying on (at least in my experience). They're best bought locally and not mail ordered I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that shirt!

    There's nothing more frustrating than when a maxi dress is too long. Happens to me all the time! haha!

    -Ash
    www.thenashvillianblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chevron dress is adorable and could be so cute! I hear you though on uneven body proportions. When I get dresses too, it's tight in the hips and loose in the bust. At least with swimsuits you can choose different sizes for top and bottom, and I always have to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!