Monday, August 4, 2014

I Like Your Blog

Although I've only been writing this blog for a few months now, I started reading blogs a long time ago.  It started with wedding blogs, then mommy blogs, and now I read all kinds of blogs.  One of my favorites was StyleLush, where a collaboration of bloggers wrote about their current favorites - from clothing, travel, products, etc.  I found a lot of new things that way - but sadly, it is no longer active.

Throughout the years of reading different types of blogs, some things have remained constant.  The reasons I keep coming back for more.

- Visually, your blog is very pleasing.  It's centered, has a nice layout/design, isn't super busy and isn't cluttered with ads.

- Your About Me page is concise and to the point.  I find at least a few things that we have in common, and find myself wanting to know more.

- Usually, I've found your blog from another blogger or link-up, so once I've read the featured post (and like it), I'll go to your most recent post.  If that speaks to me too, I'll find you on bloglovin and keep reading!

- Your posts do one of the following for me: make me laugh, make me cry, make me want to do what you're DIY-ing and/or inspire me to do something better for myself or others around me.

- You write freely, I can hear your "voice", and don't feel like an outsider looking in on your life.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not an expert blogger - but really, who is?  We all have different preferences and reasons to follow each other.  The above are just things that make me want to come back to your piece of the internet again and again. 

Today is Monday, which is Grateful Heart Monday with Ember Grey.  Today I am grateful for the relationships that blogging has brought me.  Never in a million years did I think I would make friends from blogging, but I have.  And even though I've never met any of you in "real life", I am grateful to know that taking that leap of faith and starting this has brought me more than I ever imagined. 

Ember Grey
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 comments:

  1. Yup these are all things that make me keep going back to a blog too! Also when its original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% yes! I hate scrolling through way too many ads, and I like feeling like I'm listening to what the person is saying through their typing. absolutely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh ads are the worst. i also love when people are completely open in their posts, so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Some ads are ok, but I get annoyed when they pop up while I'm trying to read.

      Delete
  4. I am with you on all of these! And as a reader of *your* blog, you must know that all of these ring true about your blog for me! =) Have a great week, Meagan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe you only started this blog not too long ago!! You have done such an amazing job - I LOVE coming to your space. This is a really great list; I couldn't agree w/ you more. It's funny... I've started to say "my friend" vs. "my blogging friend" in conversations lately... you really do form a friendship with those in your tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true on all your points! Love this post!! So happy to be following you because, hey guess what?! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true, all of these! I have the same reasons to read a blog, and I adore yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I felt like it took me a while to find some blogs I truly related too and kept going back to. I finally feel that I have a good core of blogs I love and they fit all your points. And your blog is definitely one of those for me! Love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear people say it all the time, but it is so true...blogging really does make the world feel smaller and it's been such a fun place to "meet" people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the same way I feel! I like bloggers that sound like themselves and not like they are writing a report to turn in for a grade. Bloggers that I communicate with regularly feel like people I actually know. It is a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! New bloggers should read it, so that they'll know what to do to get people to come back. I see so many cluttered blogs, ones with About Me pages that kind of set off a "crazy," radar signal, or that are just poorly written and designed. You are so on point!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!