Thursday, August 21, 2014

Easy Egg Muffins

I am really bad when it comes to breakfast.  By the time I get up, dress and feed my children, I can sometimes sneak in 15ish minutes to get ready.  Then I'm either off to work or doing things with the girls.  I rarely remember to eat breakfast, and when I do, it's something quick like a (sugar loaded) granola bar. 

Then, one day, to the rescue came one of my besties, Cara.  She had made egg muffins for the week and they looked delicious.  She sent me the pin and I finally got around to making them.  (Original recipe found here)

 
Ingredients:
6 eggs
chopped veggies of your choice (about 1 cup worth).  I used brocolli, red pepper and yellow and green onion.
1/4 c shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
cooking spray
12 cupcake liners
 
-Preheat the oven to 375. 
-Chop your veggies of choice.
-Line a cupcake pan with two liners each - 6 cupcakes total.  The two liners is key because the egg will soak through just one liner!  Spray each set of liners generously with cooking spray.
-Divide the veggies in to each liner, then the cheese.
-Mix up the eggs in a seperate bowl and then pour evenly in to each liner, shown below.
 

 
-Slightly stir, just to mix up the egg with your veggies and cheese.
-Bake for 30 minutes, until the tops just turn golden brown.
 
After cooling, I put these in the fridge and plan to eat one each morning.  Finally - something quick, healthy and protein packed to keep me full until lunch.
 
If you make them, let me know which veggies you use!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. holy yum, batman! I'm definitely going to have to try these (pinned to pinterest, thank you ma'am!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I am always looking for a quick and healthy breakfast. I have made these with ham and cheese before, but these ingredients are healthier and way more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make something similar for my hubs to eat as a quick breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to make something similar to this myself! Eggs are one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast but that is if I'm home to make breakfast ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why these are perfect! Make ahead, warm up and go. I ate all of mine in a few days :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!