Friday, August 22, 2014

Finally Friday

Friends - it's been such a long week!  After my weekend of nothing last weekend, it was hard to get in to the swing of things.  Plus - Tim had work events both Wednesday and Thursday nights, so I had a few long days this week.  Today is a "normal" day - so Tim will be home after work and we don't have any plans for the night.  I can't wait to see him!

#BloggerLove has quickly become one of the highlights of my weeks.  I really enjoy seeing the blogs you all recommend, and I've found a few new faves from your links.  Of course, it's always nice to share the love and highlight other bloggers here too!  So, let's get to it.

"Confessions: 100th Blog Post Edition" by The Kay Times.  Krystal always has the best confession posts because she is so honest and keeps it real for us.  Her gifs are hilarious and always include at least one housewife - my fave!  Plus, let's not overlook the fact that this was her 100th post! 

"#samanthaslastdoedown" by It's All in the Details.  Samantha went to Nashville for her Bachelorette Party and had the best recap!  I am planning a girls trip in October with some friends, so I was seriously taking notes.  After commenting, she even sent multiple emails with more suggestions.  So sweet.  Except now I wish it was October.

"On Opinions, Ice Buckets and Saying No to Fear" by The Rachael Way.  Rachael said what I was thinking.  I think the Ice Bucket Challenge is becoming annoying.  Not because of the effect it is having - which is amazing, but because of the people only dumping water on their heads.  Why don't we save the water and donate, as well to a charity that we truly believe in?  I was nominated and donated to the ALS organization as well as two others.  I grew up in the non-profit world (my Dad has run one for 35+ years) and my entire professional career as been in non-profits, so I get it.  Maybe that's why it bothers me so much.  Oh, and the fact that I personally knew someone that passed away from ALS and some "challenges" I see on facebook make it look like a joke.  Ok, rant over.  (Thanks Rachael for giving me the strength to go on this rant!!)

"A Letter to New Moms" by The Rambling Llama.  A million times yes.  Melissa hits the nail on the head with this one.  There's so many things about motherhood that you can never read about or learn until you experience them!

Don't forget if you are linking up: Make sure your post includes at least one link to another blog from this week.  If you tweet, please use #bloggerlove!  Have a great weekend friends!




All The Joys Friday Favorites

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. Aaawwww!! Thanks so much for including me in your faves! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posts this week! I was on the fence with the ALS challenge until I saw a video by a person living with the disease. Totally changed my view point. This is a disease that gets very little funding and little awareness bc it effects about 30,000 people a year. Suddenly it's in the forefront and people are talking about it, becoming aware of it and holy crap money is flying in for research. All positive things in my book. I have not seen any posts mocking the challenge which is fine by me. That's just rude on so many levels. One of my Friday Favorites touches on this (Why I am Deleting Facebook....she mentions the challenge). Amazing how much discussion this has sparked. Thanks for hosting a great link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. And that video is heartbreaking - which I think is a good thing, as weird as that sounds. Before this challenge I would say most people didn't know how truly devastating this disease is, so for that, I'm grateful. It's just those couple of challenges that start out with "I'm not donating so here's the ice" or "Just waiting for a bad hair day!" that are really irking me. (And yes, those and others showed up on my personal FB!) Their fundraising efforts have been outstanding, and with that I hope comes research and more services to those affected!

      Delete
    2. Same, Anne! I was on the fence as well until I saw that video from the guy living with ALS. (I watched it before work, no less, and of course was bawling by the end.)

      Delete
  3. Love this! I used to do a similar post back in the day and have definitely thought about doing it again! Thanks for sharing my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. I couldnt link up today because I had a busy week and never even published a post since that one haha. Ill be stuck on 100 till next week! Off to check the other lovely ladies out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hear you on the not donating thing. I had some friends do the challenge and when I asked them how much they donated they were like "what? we don't have to do if we dumped the ice on our heads." I forced them to afterwards haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! It makes me sad that the point of the challenge has been lost on some people. But, overall I think the point got across to most of us :)

      Delete
  6. So excited you're planning to come to Nashville in October. If you have any questions while you're here, feel free to contact me at any time! I'd love to help!

    -Ash
    www.thenashvillianblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!