Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Nashville Livin'

This past weekend, four of my besties and I were lucky enough to spend three days on a fabulous Girls Weekend.  Our husbands were left with the children and we took off.  We do a short weekend every year, but this was the first that we all were able to go.  And it did not disappoint!

We left early Friday morning, because somewhere along the planning process we decided it would be a good idea to drive.  Not that it wasn't - any roadtrip without screaming children is fine by me - but it was a long drive.  It provided for a lot of fun conversations though!  At our first gas stop, this happened:

 
A large bottle of Costco vodka.  Shattered.  Very tragic - but don't worry, it was quickly replaced.  Once we got there we checked in to the amazing condo we rented.  I found it on HouseAway, and it did not disappoint. 
 

source
 
Upon check in, we were given lists of restaurants and bars to check out, including National Underground, which had "the best burgers in town.", and we were told was owned by the owner of the condo we were renting.  We added it to our mental list of places to check out.
 
Friday night we drove to Martin's BBQ for dinner, suggested by Samantha.  It did not disappoint!  I had a beef brisket sandwich, mac and cheese and hushpuppies.  #yumdoesntdescribeit
 
After that, we had tickets to the Grand Ole Opry.  It poured on us, and by the time we got inside we were drenched.  But, #yolo, so off to our seats we went.  We originally went because Lady Antebellum was there.  I've said before that I'm not a fan of country music, so basically I agreed to go because my friends wanted to.  And because they served booze.  Well imagine to my surprise when I actually enjoyed the music, and even cried during one of the songs!  My perspective has changed.  I now like country music.


 
After the show, we went out.  We hit up Honky Tonk and stayed there for the night.  So much fun!  I love how every bar has live music.  


Saturday morning we nursed our headaches a little, bought some umbrellas, hit up The Frothy Monkey for breakfast and headed out for our Bike Tavern tour.  This was so much fun!  It's basically a bar with bikes all around it.  You bike around town, drink, and stop at bars.  We had a blast but were sore for the rest of the trip.  Definitely worth it though!


My fave picture of the weekend!
At our second stop, our guide was telling us some bars to check out.  He mentioned the National Underground - remember that from above?  Imagine our surprise when he told us that Gavin DeGraw owned it.  I blurted out - "That's weird, we were told the owner of our unit owns it!".  Then it all clicked.... we were staying in Gavin DeGraw's condo.  #starstruck.  (We knew this to be true because we investigated when we got back - the person I had been corresponding with is related to him!)

Saturday night we went to dinner at Puckett's, which was right across the street from where we were staying.  I had the best cocktail - a spiked peach tea, along with fried green tomatoes as an appetizer.  My entree was Piggy Mac - pulled pork topped with gouda mac and cheese and roasted peppers.  A-ma-zing.

Sunday we left for Louisville to break up the trip home.  We shopped at the outlets, went out for a great dinner (Martini's Italian Grille) and saw Gone Girl.

We had the best time - doing all of the things we like best.  Eating, drinking, shopping, movies, and just being together.  I officially need a food and booze detox, but I am incredibly grateful for these girls and so lucky to have them.  I wish we could do this more often!  Until next year, ladies!  (Suggestions on where to go welcomed!)

Linking up with Emily for Grateful Heart Monday and Anne for Wednesday Wishes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!