Wednesday, April 2, 2014

FabFitFun Box - Spring 2014

I think I have a problem.  I've recently rediscovered subscription boxes, and I'm obsessed.  Years ago, my sister got me a Birchbox subscription as a gift.  I liked it - but honestly, sort of forgot about it once the gift ran out.  That is until a few months ago.  I thought to myself "remember when you used to get makeup sent to your house to try out?  That was fun".  Then I thought "Let's do it again!" And that's when my shopping spree of subscription boxes happened. (PS I promise that I don't talk to myself like that, unless maybe I've had too many glasses of wine)

The first box to arrive was Giuliana Rancic's FabFitFun Spring box.  To say I was excited would be an understatement... I couldn't wait to open it!  Here's the breakdown, and my honest thoughts on each product (I was not paid for this, these are my opinions. Believe me, if I had been paid I would have started blogging a long time ago!) -

 
 
1.  Merrithew Zenga DVD (paired with #3) retail $28.94.
     As far as yoga goes, the moves aren't too difficult.  I do wish that the dvd was a bit more engaging and entertaining, and that the workout was quicker.  Thanks to the littles, I usually only have about 30 minutes to do anything - including eating, showering and cleaning up.

2.  Cult Gaia Turband, retail $48
     This is not my style what-so-ever.  I can think of a lot of other things to spend $48 on.  Going in the "up for grabs" box.  (More on that later!)

3.  Merrithew Stability Ball (paired with #1)
     I made this separate because I feel like the ball is so small it is going to pop every time I use it.  I know that the point is to have it be small, but if you are like me with not much muscle tone, this ball is anything but stable feeling.

4.  The Better Chip Spinach and Kale with Sea Salt, retail $1.99
     I'm not going to lie, upon first glance and sniff, I was not excited about these chips.  But for the sake of this review, I ate one.  Then I ate the whole bag.  They were so good!  Crunchy, salty, didn't taste like kale, so so good.

5.  Level Naturals Shower Bombs, retail $7.99
    Theses were nice.  They gave off a nice scent (tea tree oil and eucalyptus) and made my bathroom smell amazing.  For a second I actually thought I was somewhere other than hiding from the littles trying to take a quick shower.  I'm happy to have three left!

6.  Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray, retail $25
     I was pretty bummed to see this.  I tried a sample size of this about a year ago and was not impressed.  I guess I could try it again, but most likely this will be given away too.

7.  Dermasuri Deep Exfoliating Mitt, retail $19.99
     I would never pay $20 on my own for this.  Who has time to put on a mitt and actually exfoliate your entire body?  I'll keep this around in case I ever get a bad spray tan, but it won't make the daily shower routine.

8.  Kai Perfume Oil, retail $48
     This made the whole box for me, I love the smell.  It reminded me of the old school Bath and Body Works scents, my favorite was gardenia.  I loved that smell and was so angry when it was discontinued.  This is just as good, if not better.  And I love how it's small and can easily be taken with me.

9.  (Not pictured) Cover FX SPF 30 Protection Primer, retail $38
     Another winner!  So much so that it didn't even make the picture, but had already found a permanent spot in my makeup organizer.  It goes on smooth, isn't oily, and really keeps my foundation in place allll day, which is no easy feat with a baby that loves to cuddle.  The SPF is just a nice little bonus.

Bottom Line - Overall I loved two products, liked a few and only really disliked the headwrap and dry shampoo.  I'll wait for the next box, due out in Summer.  Everything deserves three chances right? 

Up next is Ipsy and Stich Fix!


2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon fab fit fun! Im subscribing ASAP. 2 products usually pay for the whole box which is amazing. The Summer box is amazing :D Have you ever heard of another subscription service called Vain Pursuits, if you liked this you'd like them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing - I might just have to jump on this bandwagon. Especially love #1 + 3! Sounds like a great deal. I just checked out Vain Pursuits as well, interesting concept. I'm trying to find some reviews on them before trying their stuff out though!

      Delete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!