Monday, April 28, 2014

A Time to Celebrate

Today I am linking up with Emily from ember grey for Grateful Heart Monday.  I am so thankful to have spent the weekend celebrating my little girl's special day.

E had her party on Saturday with her little friends at a local children's museum.  When they weren't busy running around, playing in water and making ginormous bubbles, time was spent eating way too much sugar in the forms of cake, juice and cake pops.  (Sorry moms and dads!)

As mentioned in my Letter to E, she is obsessed with all animals, but especially puppies.  So naturally, that was the theme of the party!  We went with orange, pink and yellow and I might have gone a little crazy with the customization of it all.  Etsy is my best friend!

original pin, centerpiece, cake pops "adopt me" favor originally seen on greenwaylifeandhome.blogspot.com

The kids loved picking out their own puppy to "adopt" and take home.  E is obsessed with her centerpiece and insisted that it be displayed in her room (so of course it is front and center on the dresser).  And the cake pops!  How adorable are these?  If you are looking for custom pops, please contact Tina at OhPopCakeShop on Etsy.  She was great to work with and very available and willing to help when my not so pleasant post office couldn't find my package.  (turns out they just weren't looking hard enough!)  The kids loved these, even more than the cake, and E thought they were the best things ever.

She had a great time and we are incredibly blessed to have so many people that love her and spend the day with us.  I'm so grateful for the little things - her joy in blowing bubbles, the way she lights up when I say "yes" to one more cake pop (truth, she had three!), the fun she has with her little friends.  Sometimes just watching her find the joy in what she is doing reminds me again to enjoy the little moments, they are gone too soon.

Fun fact- she HATES when people sing the birthday song to her.  She has the most unpleasant look on her face and tells people to stop.  Every year!  This year I had the best video of the moment... only to find out that I actually had stopped recording when I thought I had started.  No video.  My wonderful friends got some really great pictures though, so not all memories were lost. (thanks bffs!)

Do you remember your birthday parties from when you were little?  What are some of your favorite memories?



Ember Grey.

8 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. What a cute party idea!!!! I love the Adopt a Puppy basket/party favor - adorable!!!! I never liked when people sang happy birthday to me either (when I was little) - I think it was all of the attention and I would get embarrassed. I remember almost all of my birthday parties when I was little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! What a precious birthday party! Love love love the puppy party favors for the littles! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont remember many and I have a good childhood memory generally. I wish I did though because in all the pics I looked so happy! I am loving the puppy theme also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great party!! I absolutely LOVE the adopt me puppy basket!!!! What a great idea..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the theme and the adopt a puppy! So adorable!! I can relate to your daughter (although I never have told people to stop); I hate having attention focused on me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww the puppy theme is adorable. One of my favorite birthday parties when I was younger was when I was in first grade, I was obsessed with My Little Pony's so my mom had each guest paint her own pony t shirt with special fabric paint. I'm pretty sure we made a mess - but it was memorable just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. birthdays when you're young are beyond the worse. esp in my day they were.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/youre-not-perfect.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the party them.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/youre-not-perfect.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!