Monday, April 14, 2014

Grateful Heart Monday

Today I am linking up with Emily at ember grey for Grateful Heart Monday.  I like this idea because it gives me a reason to stop and think about all of the things that I am grateful for.  I could write a post on this topic every day, and it resonates with me because I try to find the good in each day, even if some days I feel that the best thing that happened was having Chipotle for lunch.  But, there really are blessings in every single day.

Today I am going to share with you why I started this blog.  A few months ago, I was at work killing some time before I could leave for the day.  As I often did (and do!), I was looking around on blogs.  One click here, another there, somehow I stumbled upon this article on A Dose of Paige, written by Beverly.  She talks about why, very simply, "you should start a blog".  This got me thinking.  I've always wanted to write a blog but thought that there were way too many other blogs out there, why add one more?  Her post made me realize that I should do this for me, and there really wasn't any reason not to start.

 On a whim, I emailed Beverly and told her that her post inspired me and I was just going to go for it.  The response I got from her was, in one word, amazing.  She encouraged me, guided me, gave me tips and pointers, and even included me on her giveaway.  I've also met some other great bloggers through her!

So today I am grateful for Beverly and extremely thankful for all of the help she has given me over the last couple of months.  Not only has she been a great mentor, but I love reading what she has to say as well. 

Thank You Beverly!! 



Ember Grey.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you started blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE learning how bloggers started their blogs/writing, etc! I'm so glad you were inspired & started your blog :)

    And Chipotle for lunch is ALWAYS a good day ;) (I gave it up for Lent - that's how much I love it, ha!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!