Thursday, January 22, 2015

Top 5 Movies of 1985-1990

Once upon a time, about 25 years ago, you could find my older sister and I enjoying the long days of summer by splashing on the Slip 'n Slide, chasing the ice cream truck, or hiding out in the cool basement, fighting over who got to be Mario.  We would also ride our bikes up to Mr. Movies to rent a video, at least a few times a week.  We would rotate between just a few - the ones we could watch over and over again. Today I wanted to share those with you - and I'm secretly hoping there are some other fans as well!

 Let's get right to it!

source
 Maid to Order, 1987.  Featuring Ally Sheedy.  The concept was great - a spoiled girl wakes up with her former life erased and has to work as a maid in order to appreciate the things she once had.  Loved it, couldn't get enough.  And really, it taught a valuable life lesson - Appreciate what you have.


source
Troop Beverly Hills, 1989.  Starring Shelley Long.  "Beverly Hills, what a thrill!"  If you don't know this, I suggest drop what you are doing and go to Netflix right away.  (Yes, it's on instant!)  I obviously could not relate to life in Beverly Hills, but I could relate to being from a divorced family and the woes of Girl Scouts.  Also, #BlackBeltInShopping applies to me as well!



source
The Money Pit, 1986.  Featuring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long.  So apparently we were smitten by Shelley Long.  This is another great movie.  My sister and I would rewind the falling bathtub scene at least a dozen times each time we watched the movie.  Tom Hanks' laugh was the best!



source
Funny Farm, 1988.  Featuring Chevy Chase.  We were (are) big animal lovers, and the silly adventures these two got in to with the residents of their just-bought farm were hysterical.  You know, hysterical to a seven year old.  But in our defense, we have watched it since becoming adults and we still love it just the same!



source
Mannequin, 1987.  Featuring Kim Cattrall.  So unrealistic.  So amazing.  A department store window designer falls in love with a mannequin - who comes to life at night.  This movie may have played a part in my small fear of mannequins as a child (they could wake up and grab me!), but I loved it none the less.  I remember begging my mom to let me watch this in her room before falling asleep, every night for at least a month.  Special shout out to Mannequin 2 as well!

Have you seen any of these movies?  If not, do any of them look entertaining?  What are you faves from childhood?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!