Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Knock on Wood!

I knock on wood at least daily, sometimes more.  I'm not sure if it ever really helps prevent things I just "jinxed" by talking about them, but it's a habit that I've gotten in to none the less.  But today we aren't talking about my superstitions - I am introducing you to Amanda, from Knock on Wood - the blog!


You write about moving from Georgia to Missouri for love.  What was the biggest change coming to the Midwest?
The biggest adjustment I had to make was that my family was not readily available to me anymore. I am not able to just hop in the car and go visit my mom whenever I want to, that takes lots of planning and money now. 

The second biggest would have to be that stores, restaurants, and activities are not as close to me (or even here!) as they were in Atlanta. We have to make a special trip to the next town over for Chipolte, Chick-fil-A, Dollar Tree, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, Dog Parks, Target, and Movie Theaters. #cultureshock
If you could go on an all expense paid shopping spree, which one store would you pick?
TARGET. duh! I mean it would definitely have to be a Super Target so I could get groceries too! But they have clothes, shoes, office supplies, home goods, beauty products, electronics, and pet products all in one place! What’s not to love?
You do blog designs (which are fab!) What is your creative process?  How do you work with your clients? 
So far I have known my clients pretty well, so there wasn’t a whole lot of guessing to be done. But I have developed a preliminary brainstorming from that I have clients fill out and from there I make a mood board to send to them. We make adjustments and changes along the way and my clients can see the design creation in real time with my Blog Design Tester site. I am always available (when not in class) to my clients needs, so they have my email and phone number to reach me. 
PSSSST- Amanda is offering YOU a discount code on her blog designs!  JOYFUL20 gets you 20% off here!
 
What are you going to school for?  What do you hope to do with your degree?
I am majoring in Psychology with a minor in English. However I am thinking of changing my minor, to what? I’m not sure yet, but I will definitely announce my decision once it’s made. Once I’m done with school I want to assist couples in their relationships/marriages. I also want to provide platonic relationship counseling as well. Friends, siblings, adult parent/child relationships are just important as intimate ones.
What is the best piece of advice you could give someone about blogging?
Write about things that you would want to read about. If you wouldn’t click on your post when scrolling through your bloglovin’ feed, don’t post it. Save it for another time or rework it to make it better.
 
Isn't she great?  Go on over and introduce yourself, you won't be disappointed!
 
 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!