Thursday, January 8, 2015

Don't Toss Your Holiday Cards!

One of my favorite parts of December, besides Christmas Day, is getting the mail each day.  I get so excited to open Christmas cards from our friends and family, and quickly put them on display in our home.  Every year, around this time, it would pain me to throw them away.  Those were memories - pictures - and I was just recycling them.

Until 2012.  I started saving them, making them in to little books.  I put our card on top, and every year I lay out books of years past.  It's so fun to look through them and remember our friends and family then, and see how far they've come - with wedding pictures, new dogs, babies, new houses.  It's such a fun keepsake and I wanted to share it with you.  It's so easy, you can have this done in ten minutes - I promise!


For supplies, all you need are:

-A copy of your Christmas card
-All of the cards you recieved
-A three hole punch
-ring clips, found at any office supply store

STEP ONE.
Organize your received cards by size.


STEP TWO.
Starting with the largest size, line up 4-5 cards (depending on thickness), and punch two holes.  Try and center them as best as possible.

There is no math here - just eyeball it!

Continue with the next largest size, working your way to the smallest.

Don't forget to also put holes in your card!


STEP THREE.
With the largest size on the bottom and the smallest on the top, put your cards in a pile.  Make sure the holes are all on the same side.


STEP FOUR.
Begin on either the top or bottom holes, and wiggle the ring clip through.

Repeat for the other side.


STEP FIVE.
Be sure to add your card to the top, and you are finished!


I hope you have fun looking back on cards from the past.  We do every year!

Linking up with Ash and Anne.


The Grits Blog - Little Friday Linkup
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!