Thursday, January 15, 2015

Life with a Preschooler

My oldest, "E", has always been wise beyond her years.  She spoke early, was having full conversations early, and can remember (and will repeat - we learned the hard way) anything she hears, even just once.  Her personality has always been very caring, very sweet, and very smart.  She is four now, and recently has been saying some things that just make my husband and I laugh - so I had to write them down to share with you.  I'm also linking up with Amanda for #MyConversations!

(While eating dinner)
E: How was work, Daddy?
Daddy: It was good, thanks for asking.
E: No, I mean, are you making your calls and meeting your goals ok?
(Where she even learned the concept of "making calls" and "meeting goals" is beyond me.  And yes, he is in sales, so making calls is his whole day.)

(While I'm brushing her hair)
E: (touching my stomach).  OH!  Do you have another baby in your belly, Mommy?
Me: (horrified) No, honey, I don't...
E: (laughing) Ok.  It must just be the shirt!
(This one hurt a little, but it was funny that she tried to make it better by blaming my shirt!)

(While trying something new for lunch)
E: Oh, wow!  I can't even make a yucky face when I'm trying to eat it!
(Score for me - she never tries new foods!)

(After picking her up from preschool)
Me: Honey, what did you get all over your shirt?
E: Just one of my many projects, I'm so busy.


Life with a four year old sure has it's moments, but these are the things that keep me laughing day to day.  Even when she is so serious or sassy, I know I will look back on this with a huge smile on my face.  What are some memorable things you've heard from littles?

I hope you'll be back tomorrow for Blogger Love!
Knock on Wood Blog | Conversations Link-Up

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!