Friday, January 30, 2015

The Lilac Linnet & Blogger Love v.26

Happy Friday friends!  Today, I'm very excited to share with you both my favorite posts from this week, and Llinos from The Lilac Linnet.  When I first "met" Llinos, I was really excited because she is from Wales - and my Dad's side of the family is (a teeny bit) Welsh.  I have always wanted to know more about that side of me and would love to take my Dad there someday.

Meet Llinos!




Where can we find you on a typical Saturday morning?
Don't look for me too early, because I'll be sleeping on!  But once I've had breakfast I will probably go out for a run and then come home to write a few blog posts or read my book for an hour.  My guinea pigs will be chatting away in the background while I enjoy my coffee.

What is your earliest memory?
I can remember being a toddler in the bath and screaming my head off while my parents desperately tried to clean me!  I have a deep rooted fear of water which still affects me today, but luckily bathtime is a lot less stressful these days.

Can you tell us a bit about the novel you are writing?
I would love to!  I have written 30,000 words of my first draft, and I am so excited.  My novel is about a young duchess who rules a magical land of mystery and mermaids.  She is mourning the death of her father and trying to become a strong leader, but she is haunted by her past and is facing marriage to a stranger.  Can she become the duchess that she was born to be?

You write about life in Wales - which most of your American readers probably haven't been.  What are some unique facts about Wales?
I love meeting American bloggers and readers and I recommend Wales as a destination!  Wales is a beautiful part of the UK, here are some facts:
-We have more castles per square mile than anywhere else in Europe.  
-We have a turbulent history and a wealth of legends including the stories of Arthur and his Knights. 
-We have our own language, and I speak it fluently.  
-Mount Everest is named after a Welshman, Sir George Everest.  
-There is a Welsh speaking community in Patagonia, Argentina.

Have you travelled to the US?  If so, where?  If not, where would you like to visit?
No I haven't!  That's why I enjoy reading US bloggers' blogs so much, it gives me a taste of the American life.  I love city breaks, so I would enjoy any of the famous cities; but I will say Washington DC because I'm a politics geek and I would love to see the Lincoln Memorial.

How do you pronounce your name, Llinos?
This is actually hard to explain... to make the 'll' sound, put your tongue to the back of your top teeth and blow.  Then 'inos' is pronounced 'eenos'.  'Llinos' is Welsh for linnet, hence my blog name. (How many of you tried this?  I don't think I'm saying it right...)

What is the best piece of blogging advice you have received?
It's definitely to write genuinely and authentically.  When you write a blog post which excites you, it's the best!

Follow:
 

This week I have quite a few favorite posts by others, so bear with me as they all deserve credit!  Let's get right to it...

"FitBit One Review" by A Diamond with Sapphires.  I have been wanting a FitBit, but honestly was a little overwhelmed with all of the options.  Ashlen did all of the research for me - including features of each model!

"Let's Save the Dogs" by The Daily Tay.  I love dogs.  I love helping dogs.  If I could rescue all of them, I would.  But I can't, so these shirts will help me do something.  20% of the proceeds goes back to help the puppies! Win/win.

"Top 10 Indoor Toddler Activities" by Wife, Mommy, Me.  It's winter.  And although I love winter, my children get a little restless.  Stephanie shares some great activities to do indoors.  Definitely using these soon!

"Ladylike" by Flowers in Your Hair.  Teaching my daughters how to polite doesn't mean that they need to lose their voice.  Nina's post spoke to me, especially since it is such a fine line.

"Blogging 101: Pocket" by Love the Here and Now.  I downloaded this app after Anne's post, and I love it!  I can easily go back and read all of the articles that I didn't have time for during the day.  

My co-host, Llinos and I would love to have you link up with us!  Just share at least one post by a blogger other than yourself, grab the button (here) and link up below!  Check out some of the other links to find new blogs!



All the Joys - Blogger Love
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!