Monday, December 22, 2014

Life as a Llama

Have you met Melissa from The Rambling Llama?  If not, I suggest you hurry over and meet her.  Melissa and I first "met" a few months ago and I was instantly calling her one of my friends.  She's easy to relate to, has funny stories about her two littles, and you can just tell that she is a genuine, sincere person.

I asked her to answer some questions so you could get to know her too!

What's the best, and hardest parts of being a parent to toddlers?
HAHA, Well, I'm sure you can relate that it's a firm combination of best and hard! HA! Well, the best would definitely be the imagination and willingness to learn. Both kids are constantly asking "why" or "what's that". Their sense of wonder is refreshing. I love seeing things through their eyes in that everything is new and fascinating. The hardest part is their desire to be bigger versions of their tiny selves. If my answer to the "why" doesn't satisfy them and they can't find the words to express their frustration, a temper ensues. Patience is a difficult thing to keep as a parent of toddlers, but being their mom is the best thing I could ask for. 
Ready this sweetness about her daughter!

Where can we find you on a Saturday morning?
Usually up and out of bed by 7 AM (thanks, kids). That's about the latest they ever let me "sleep in". When the kids drag me out of bed, I make us all a big batch of scrambled eggs and Chocolate milk. Well, the kids get chocolate milk... I get coffee! Daddy doesn't usually get up until 9:00... sometimes 10:00 so while he's sleeping we (the kids and I) either do a quiet activity or watch Saturday Morning cartoons. Some of our favorites include Sophia The First and Jake & the Neverland Pirates. Our quiet activities are either puzzles or sand art. The kids seem to be more creative than I am!

Quick question - how does he manage to sleep that late, and how can I do the same??

How long have you been blogging?  What's the biggest thing you've learned through blogging?
I technically started blogging in March of this year. I had a different blog called "Crazy Camp Camacho". Google decided to go hay-wire and the blog got deleted around May. I didn't start back up blogging until June of this year with The Rambling Llama. (Thanks to Amanda's help @ Knock on Wood!).
The biggest thing I've learned through blogging is not everyone on the internet is a scary creep. SURE There are the scary creeps out there and we should be wary of people like them, but I've "met" some of what I consider to be my closest friends through blogging. I've learned the blogging community is a tight knit one, and there are so many wonder people out there who are constantly supporting one other, uplifting each other, and praying for anything and everything. It's beautiful really. I've also learned I really enjoy writing.

Cats or dogs?
BOTH.
We have one of each now. Rambo (our cat) we've had for 7 years. I've never been able to pick one or the other and I've always had both in the house ever since I was a kid. Both have really great traits about them, so I guess that's why I like having both around. Need a cuddle and a friendly face? There's the dog to cheer you up! Need a reminder that your lap needed to be warmed by something other than the laptop? There's the cat! 
I think it's safe to say Melissa is now purely a dog person.

What's your best piece of marriage advice?
Communicate with each other. Don't stop talking about the little things that happen during your day. Sure, they may seem tiny and insignificant to you, but to your spouse it may be the most interesting story in the world. (Ok, that might be an exaggeration...) But still... Talking to your spouse about the little things reminds them that you still care to share everything with them. You may even learn something new about them with talks like this. Also, when you go to bed, ALWAYS give each other a hug and a kiss and say "I Love You"... no matter what kind of mood you go to bed in. You may fall asleep angry, but you also fall asleep loved. 




Go say "hello"!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!