Wednesday, December 3, 2014

12 Gender Neutral Grab Bag Ideas

Every year, we have four different get togethers with friends and family that includes the fun party element of a grab bag.  We go in turns, opening a random gift, and "stealing" from each other.  That's eight different, gender neutral gifts around $25 each that need to purchased each year!  The goal is always to come up with something different from previous years and have a gift that everyone will want.

This year I thought I'd share some of my favorite grab bag ideas, in case you found yourself in a similar situation.  There are different groups of people, of course, so feel free to adapt any of these to your next group get together!  (Friends that are coming over Saturday - I may be using one of these for my bag, so be surprised!)



Wine Bag
Of course, a nice bottle of wine would make almost anyone happy.  But don't stop there - pair it with some fun wine charms or a pretty bottle stopper.  I am loving this set from Pier 1:


Gourmet Chocolate
A bag full of chocolate?  Yes please.  Fill it up with truffles from a local sweets shop, a bag of Ghiradelli, or Franco mints from Macy's.  And if a guy picks your bag that doesn't like chocolate (and it doesn't get stolen), I guarantee he has a lady or mother in his life that would love it!


Dog Lover 
Pair some yummy, healthy treats with a cute "dog lover" picture frame or ornament.  This is a hot bag at my Mom's house, as we all have furry pets!

Lotto Tickets
Ok, this is probably my favorite bag to pick.  I love the thrill of scratch off tickets, but never buy them for myself.  Even if the person doesn't win anything, it's fun to play!


Water Bottle
Get a great reusable bottle, like a Tervis or a Lifeworks (below).  Fill it up with tea bags, or Crystal Light packets!

On Amazon

Electronics
Most everyone has a phone that plays music.  How about a portable, wireless speaker?  Or one that plugs in to an iPhone?  We had this for a grab bag item last year it was stolen three times!

 Recipe Bag
Pair your favorite recipe with all of the dry ingredients.  Throw in some fun measuring cups or spoons!  I am loving these from World Market:



 Mini Liquor Bag
Grab a bunch of those little airplane sized liquor bottles and pair them with some fun whiskey, martini or plain drinking glasses.  Bonus points if you add a few mixers as well.


Sports Themed
If you are all (or most of you) fans of one sports team, buy anything related.  A winter cap, flag, car decal, socks, etc.  At my Mom's and my Dad's house, there is always at least one Iowa Hawkeyes item.

Games
This is fun to receive and can be used the same night.  Pick your favorite group game - Cards Against Humanity (depending on your group!), Scattergories, Phase 10, etc.  Add some candy or popcorn to make a night out of it.

Coffee Lovers
How about a Keurig cup holder organizer?  It's definitely something I would love to have, but would never buy for myself.  (Fun fact - my Mom did this one year and it stolen the max number of times!)  Add some k-cups and you are good to go!

Target

For the Kitchen
How about some fun spices/rubs and grilling tools?  I don't cook very well (especially grilling!), but would happily put these in my cabinet for my husband to use.  Penzey's has a lot of great blends!
 
So there you have it - twelve gender neutral grab bag ideas.  What grab bags have you put together?  Today I'm also wishing you a lot of time with friends and family this holiday season.  Above the gifts, grab bags, yummy holiday drinks, time is really the most precious gift.  And don't forget the real reason for the season!

Linking up with The Grits Blog and Tay Meets World for #Blogmas2014, and Anne for Wednesday Wishes.


#Blogmas14Love the Here and Now
  



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!