Monday, September 1, 2014

I Have a Grateful Heart

I hope everyone had a great long weekend!  I sure did - golfing on Friday, Hawkeye win on Saturday, boating on Sunday and family time today. Let's rewind a bit with some details.

Golfing.  If you read my post last Monday, you'll remember that I agreed to go golfing with my husband and another couple Friday.  First time golfer here = stress about what to wear, let alone how to hit the ball.  It was night golf, which basically means that the tees are lit up with glowsticks, the balls are lit up, and the golfer wears glowsticks.  Let's just say that I probably won't ever be golfing again.  I might try it sometime during the day, but it's safe to assume that my favorite part was the drink cart.  It also allowed for me to cross something off of my 101 in 1001  list.  (For those of you who helped with what I should wear - I ended up with black shorts, a collared shirt and a Nike pullover.)

Hawkeyes!  My besties, kids and husbands gathered for the first Iowa game.  We had lots of food, (some of us) had good beverages, and relived our glory days.  Seriously, tailgating takes on a different meaning when you are in your thirties with small children around.  But, the Hawks won and it was the perfect day. 

Boating.  My husband's grandparents own a lake house just over an hour from here, so we gathered up another couple and went up there for the day on Sunday.  E and A love riding on the boat, so we spent a lot of time on the water.  It was another perfect day for weather and a fun way to say goodbye to summer.  Because it's a family home, a lot of my husband's family was there too.  We got to spend time with friends and family - and it doesn't hurt that they all wanted to play with the girls, so we got to take a solo boat ride too! 

Today was spent with my fam, mostly outside soaking up some of the rays of the year.  I loved having the long weekend with everyone but am ready to get back to work tomorrow.  Today I am so grateful for time.  When I look back at the weekend, I'm grateful that my time was spent the best way possible - with family and friends.  I hope you all had a great weekend too - what was your highlight?

Grateful Heart Monday w/ Ember Grey
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! Night golf though sounds like it would be so hard. Golfing in plain daylight is one thing but Good Lord I'd probably hit someone with a club or a ball. Let's make a deal...anytime anyone invites us to golf we meet at the bar cart. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hoping you would talk about your golf adventure, haha!! (The beer cart is my favorite part too.) I love lake houses! It's been forever since I've been to one - I need to make that happen, perhaps next summer! So glad you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried golf once but ended up hating it. At least I tried. :)

    As for boating...that I love. We have a beach house on another island over here and we are always heading over. We sometimes go out on the boat to fish. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...I might actually try that kind of golfing!! Sounds fun...especially the drink cart part!! :) Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend!! I think if and when I ever try golfing I want it to be at night so people can't see how bad I suck. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you ended up having a good weekend, even if you never will golf again! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay, night golfing actually sounds like a lot of fun! I would have to have a drink - or two- to participate though ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!