Friday, September 26, 2014

So Fall Happened + Friday Faves!

I can't believe that September is almost over and October is around the corner.  I guess this means I have to officially accept that Fall is here, even though I wish it would be summer forever. (side note - why do we live in the Midwest again?)  There are a few things about Fall that I like - that is, when I have no choice but to say goodbye to summer!

- Cool sleeping weather.  I love sleeping with the windows open while I'm all cuddled up under 5 a blanket.

- "Fall smells".  I love cinnamon, spiced apple, creamy nutmeg - smelling candles and home scents.

- Fall television. Even though Big Brother ended last night (too predictable this season!), Series Premiers are all around this week.  Scandal, Red Band Society, How to Get Away with Murder, and a few others are gracing my DVR and I couldn't be more excited!

Before we get to this week's favorites - a quick update.  A few weeks ago, I wished for a good result with some things that were going on with my pup, Charlie.  Well friends?  Charlie doesn't have cancer.  He doesn't have cancer!  To say I'm grateful is an understatement!  He officially just has a pimply, cute, lovable face!  Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers - they worked!

So, on to this week's favorites:

"Fall Favorites" by Amy at Set Free.  Amy just recently got me in to essential oils - and I am hooked, even though I haven't received my starter kit yet!  I have been doing a lot of research on them and can't wait to see what they do for my family.

"Blogger Men Tell All" by Becoming Adorrable.  Tim blogged once, with some bribing, interview style.  I love reading other posts interviewing the men behind the blog, so I'm really excited for this link up!

"Going Natural: Makeup and Cosmetics" by Notes from a Newlywed.  Amanda gives great reviews on natural products?  Did you know that 60% of what you put on your skin gets absorbed in to the body?  I didn't either - but it totally freaks me out now that I know.  Especially since I can't pronounce 98% of the ingredients of products I use.  I am slowly making the switch to natural products.  If you are thinking of the same, Amanda's post is a must read.  The Florkens were also part of this link up, and their post is a must read as well.  I can't wait for the next in the series!

What were your favorites?  Link up below and share!  Please grab the button and visit some of the links below.  Just a reminder: If you link up, please post at least one link to a blogger other than yourself to share the love!

An InLinkz Link-up


All The Joys Friday Favorites
I'm off to Minnesota this weekend.  It's normally a 6ish hour drive, but with two littles I'm looking at more like eight.  Good timing though - I'll have plenty of time to read your faves!  Happy Friday!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!