Wednesday, September 17, 2014

On Names, Drinks, and Speech

Last week, Melissa from The Rambling Llama did a post on random facts about herself.  She tagged me to learn some of my randomness, so here it goes!

1.  In high school, I was a cheerleader.  For football and men's basketball.  I loved it.  Until the day I was dropped on my head (true story).  Maybe I'll share that another day!

2.  When I was little, I had a speech impediment.  I could not put two consonants together.  Words such as "apple", or "milk" or "pencil" were impossible for me.  It got worse because while I was learning to talk, if I tried to say something and no one could understand me, my sister would interpret.  So she'd say "She wants a glass of milk", and I wouldn't learn it properly.  Don't worry, when I was three I went to speech therapy for a summer and learned how to correct it.

3.  I'm known to break in to song, especially while in the car.  My friends laugh at me because they can turn on the most random song and I'll know the words to it.  I love to sing, but am horrible at it!

4.  E's real name actually starts with an A.  I know, I'm confused too.

5.  When I was younger, my childhood dog was a Westie.  When we got her, her name was Meagan (even spelled the same way!) so we had to rename her.  After many family meetings, we settled on Millie, even though I wanted to call her "Whitey".

6.  Speaking of names, my parents spelled my name "Meagan" because they didn't want anyone to give me the nickname "Meg".  To this day, they only call me "Meagan" when I'm in trouble.  They (and everyone else) calls me Meg - with the exception of this blog and work.

7.  This might not be random - but I love a good drink.  I don't discriminate - beer, wine (white), vodka, whiskey.  The only things I don't like (and won't drink) are tequila and champagne.  Anything else is fair game!

the more, the merrier. not sure why I have that "annoyed" look on my face!

Today, I'm wishing for some of my bloggy friends to do this too!  Amanda from Notes from a Newlywed, Anne from Love the Here and Now and Amanda from Knock on Wood.

Linking up with Anne for Wednesday Wishes!

Love the Here and Now

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



10 comments:

  1. hehehe I'm so glad you did this! SO much fun! :) I too enjoy a good drink and I don't discriminate! One of my old co worker's daughter's name is Meagan, spelled just the same way. When her mom is talking about her in text and call's her Meg, she still spells it "Meag". Random... thought I'd share. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I break out into song (and dance) randomly as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No champagne?!!? That might be the only thing we disagree on because I do love a glass (or 3) of bubbly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list...except for the tequila and champagne part. ;) But I def think you need to tell the story of being dropped on your head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of you double fisting the drinks? Priceless. Love it! I'll do a post next week! Thanks for tagging me and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I too appreciate a good drink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tequila and champagne are two of my faves!! But I think it's safe to say we could still drink together on a night out ;) Please share the story of being dropped on your head, I'm dying to know now!
    (How funny that you call your daughter E when it's not what her name starts with...!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha look at your double fisting!! Go girl! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whitey!!!!!!!! ahahahaha!! I am dying! We had a Westie when I was little too and his name was Midget but we called him Midge. ;) This was such a fun post. So funny about your nickname!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!