Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Brianna Leigh: Easy Chicken Parmesan

If there's one thing I need a recipe to be, it's easy.  Brianna is here with just that - a delicious recipe for Chicken Parmesan.  This one is getting added to my rotation when I'm back!
 
Hello All the Joys readers! I'm so glad to be here today and to introduce to you a super simple and delicious recipe.

It's no surprise that my favorite dishes are quick and easy. I don't like a lot of fuss when it comes to cooking, which is why this three ingredient Chicken Parmesan is the perfect addition to my weekly menu. It's actually a go-to staple in my family!


This recipe is simple, quick, and can be totally customized to your preferences!

Ingredients:
boneless, skinless chicken thighs
shredded mozzarella cheese
ragu sauce (any flavor)


Directions:

1. Defrost 6 pieces of chicken thighs in the microwave. This takes about 20 minutes or so, depending how big your pieces are and the strength of your microwave.

2. Coat a frying pan in oil. You can use vegetable oil, but I prefer olive oil. To each their own!

3. Place the chicken thighs in the skillet and season to taste. I used seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Again, it's however you prefer!


4. Cook chicken over medium heat. You don't want to cook it too hot, or it'll burn. Also, you don't want the heat too low, as that would take a lot longer.

5. Once your chicken is thoroughly cooked (you can check by cutting into one of the thicker pieces), turn the burner off and drain the oil/grease from the pan.

6. Next, turn the burner back on to low-medium heat, and pour Ragu sauce over the chicken. From a larger jar, I used about 3/4 of the sauce. Again, it's up to you how much you prefer to add. If you like a lot of sauce, go crazy and use the whole jar! If you prefer less sauce, use about half.

7. Last, but not least, top with shredded mozzarella cheese! I used about 6 ounces, but it's totally up to you! If you're a big fan of cheesy dishes, add as much as your heart desires. If you're trying to cut back on consuming so much cheese, only use as much as you'd like.


8. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. This isn't to keep cooking the chicken, but instead to heat up the sauce and melt the cheese.

9. Enjoy!


Follow Brianna:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!