Friday, March 20, 2015

Blogger Love v.33

Happy Friday Everyone!  I normally really love Fridays, but this one I needed.  The first week after vacation was a rough one.  My mind was still on the beach, but I had so much to do both for work and home.  This weekend is very much welcomed, even if I will be working part of it.

This week for Blogger Love, I have a very fun co-host!  Lindsay, from Bourbon, Lipstick and Stilettos is here with us.  Have you visited her yet?  She has the best reviews of all things makeup and skincare, some of which I have purchased for myself on her suggestions.  I've asked Lindsay to share some thoughts with all of you, enjoy!


Where can we find you on a typical Saturday morning?
 On a typical Saturday morning, you can find me in bed until 8:00 or 9:00. We don't have kids yet so I take full advantage of being able to sleep in! I usually make breakfast, have a few cups of coffee, and we watch a home design show (currently obsessed with Fixer Upper). I start weekdays at 5:00 am, so lazy weekends are the best. 

You write a lot about beauty products.  What are your top three and why?
My top three products will change from time to time, but as they stand now:
-Maybelline's Falsies mascara: I've tried a million brands of mascara, and this drugstore find remains the best in my book. 
-BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: this is a relatively new product, but I'll never be without it again. It moisturizes and smooths skin for a flawless complexion. 
-NARS Orgasm blush: other blushes will come and go, but this is forever. It's the perfect color for everyone and always gives me a gorgeous, healthy glow.  

What's the best piece of blogging advice you've ever received?
The best piece of blogging advice I ever received was to build a community and befriend other bloggers. I thought I could do it on my own, but I'd be buried in the internet wasteland without the support of others. 

Spill it!  What's your favorite guilty pleasure tv show?
My favorite guilty pleasure tv shows are House of Cards and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I am so happy Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson are now on RHOBH because I'm also obsessed with Days of our Lives...  editor's note: I LOVE me some RH.  And I surprisingly really like Lisa Rinna!

You can find more of Lindsay here:

And now it's time for Blogger Love!  Join Lindsay and I, link up below and share your favorite posts by other bloggers for the week.  Grab the button if you'd like and check out some new-to-you bloggers!  I am still catching up on posts from last week, so my faves are a little sparse this week, but you should check these out:

"Overcoming Our Insecurities - Motherhood" by Anne via Life with Mrs G. and the Artist.  Faith is hosting a whole series on insecurities, and this post by Anne hit home.  With two daughters myself, I completely relate to this!

"We Made the News... in Ohio?!" by the Florkens.  Imagine your surprise to find your photos in a news article in a state you don't even live in!  This post just reaffirmed my decision to not share photos of my littles on here, you just never know where they might end up!

I hope you have a great weekend!  I can't wait to share some fun things with you on Monday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!