Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Who Needs Sleep?

Apparently when I go away on a girls trip, I decide to live it up and forget about things like sleeping, eating well and exercising.  I had a blast in Vegas this past weekend but am really paying for it now.  I think I slept a total of 12 hours in 3 days and today I am feeling like a walking zombie.  But, it was very much worth it and I would do it again!



We spent a lot of time at the pool (it was 90+ degrees and SUNNY!), eating/drinking, and then of course there was the Britney Spears concert!  Britney was fun, but she definitely was not giving it her all.  We know she doesn't sing live, but I really thought her performance would be better.  You could tell that she was thinking "this is my third performance this week and I'm so not in to this", and it showed.  She did a lot of older songs, which was fun, and I still managed to lose my voice screaming singing along. 

Thursday night I was up for 24 hrs, Saturday night I slept 3 hours - so I think it's safe to say I made the best of my time away!  Now back to reality - I missed my little family so much! 

Today I am also linking up with Ember Grey for Grateful Heart Monday.  My weekend trip made me realize that I have a lot to be grateful for:

- A husband that encourages me to get away and have time to myself.  He's a great daddy and had some fun daddy-daughter time without me!

- The friend I went with has been there for me for 17 years.  We've been through a lot together and knowing that we've been friends for that long makes my heart happy.

- She invited two other friends - who are now my friends.  I love meeting new people and now have two girls in Texas that I'm happy to call new friends.  (This also had me cross something off my 101 in 1001 list!)

Ember Grey
 
What was your best "time away"?  Who did you go with and where?

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Sounds like you had an absolute blast- SO fun you got to do that with your best friend + meet some new friends. Stinks that Brit wasn't on her A-game, although when I think about having to do that job every night, the same thing over and over- I'd probably start to zone out too. I think annual girl trips should be mandatory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Vegas. It is definitely on my "do again" list.
    Girls trips are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a blast girl! we all deserve a little break every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a fun time in Vegas!! Girl getaways are essential for our peace and sanity. It's also really awesome that you have been best friends for 17 years - it reminds me of my group of girl friends, there are about 5 or 6 of us who have been friends since elementary school. It's nice to have grown up together and still be close today!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!