Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Big Freeze

I love to shop.  If you've been around here for any amount of time, you probably already know this.  Not only do I love to shop, but I seriously get a thrill from finding bargains, using coupons and never paying full price for anything. 

source.
 I like to tell myself that I don't have a shopping problem because I very rarely ever spend full price on anything.  But all of those little bargain buys were starting to add up.  And when I sat down and looked at how much I spent on the credit card in March?  Ouch.  Granted, our vacation made up for the biggest amount.  But there were also so many little things that added up to a lot of spending on my part.  My solution?  Go on a spending freeze.

Of course, with all goals, I have a few rules and guidelines for myself:

|| I cannot buy anything for myself - this includes shoes, clothing, makeup, lunches out.  Basically, anything that is only for me is off limits.  This includes my monthly stitch fix, make up box and essential oils order.

|| I am not buying anything "fun" for the house - because, showings.  I don't want more things to clutter our space.  This does not include anything that needs to be replaced, but hopefully that is nothing!

|| I can only buy these two clothing items for the girls, and only with coupons:
                                     -Spring shoes for A (Tiny Toms or the like)
                                     -Capri leggings for E and A (no more than two pairs each)

|| This freeze does not include E's birthday and party, both of which are this month.

|| I have a few giftcards leftover from Christmas, so they can be used only in emergency. 

|| An emergency does not count as "I just really wanted it."  It's more for something that gets destroyed and needs to be replaced, like if I rip my pants or ruin a shoe.  (I promise I won't do these things on purpose just to be able to shop!)

Have you ever put yourself on a spending freeze?  How did you do?  I am kind of nervous about this, but I think with dedication I can do it!  Lindsay is doing the same thing right now, so having some inspiration should help.  Plus, who doesn't like having money leftover at the end of the month?

Wish me luck, please!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!