Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Stitch Fix - February

I'm sure that by now, most of you (if not all) know what Stitch Fix is.  If not - real quick - it's a monthly box of clothing and accessories picked specifically for you delivered right to your door.  Keep what you want, send back the rest.  That's it!

I've been getting fixes for about a year now, and generally keep one to two items.  This month, I specially asked for summer items to take with me to St. Thomas next month.  I received a note from my stylist saying that "they hadn't received many items for warm weather", but she "was able to pull some."  Doesn't anyone in warmer climates get Stitch Fix? 

Because of the note, I went in to this fix thinking I was getting "leftover" items from last summer, which set the mood.  Let's get started.

 Creative Commune Miranda Scarf Print Racer Back Tank - $38.  I actually shocked myself and kind of liked this.  It's not something I would usually go for, but something about the pattern spoke to me.  Imagine my disappointment when I tried it on and it was way too short.  Sent Back.

 
 Le Lis Parsons Knit Top - $38.  I was really on the fence with this top.  It was flowy, and longer in the back and looked pretty cute with skinny jeans.  However, I couldn't get over the stripes, which are not flattering on me.  Sent Back.

 
 Pomelo Harriet Chevron Print Detail Dress - $64.  The lighter blue color screamed ocean to me, and it fit perfectly.  My excitement quickly diminished when I noticed that part of one of the black chevron stripes looked like it had faded in to the white.  A quick email to customer service to see if they had another dress resulted in me getting an extra 15% off.  Kept.  

 
 41Hawthorn Linda Cross Front Knit Top - $54.  I knew before trying this one that it wasn't for me.  The cross fabric was located awkwardly, and it was really tight in the hips.  Sent Back.

 
Loveappella Amanda Twist Back Knit Top - $48.  This is actually the back of the shirt - the front was just plain black.  I liked it, it fit well, but almost $50 for a tank top seemed a bit outrageous for me.  Sent Back.

Once again, I only kept one item.  I scheduled my next fix to come before my vacation and once again asked for warmer weather items, so I'm staying hopeful and wishing for some fabulous items!  What do you think?  Any amazing items I should go out on my own to get for my vacation?

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix, here is my referral code.  If you use it - thank you - I receive a credit towards my next fix!

Linking up with Anne for Wednesday Wishes.

*I was not compensated for this post.  All opinions are my own.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!