Wednesday, November 26, 2014

TV Shows I've Given Up On

By now, it shouldn't be a secret that I love tv.  I always have.  My DVR is often my favorite way to relax - and it is quite busy recording all of my shows.  One of the biggest differences between Tim and I is that he likes to watch mostly sports - whereas I like anything but sports.  Very rarely, we'll find one we both like (Dexter, Friday Night Lights, to name a few.  PS I will always love Tim Riggins.)

Over the years, there have been a number of shows that I have been committed to.  (Uh, Grey's Anatomy?  When will you end?)  There have also been shows that I've given up on.

Source

// Vampire Diaries.  Even my extreme love for Damon can't keep me interested.  I really, really enjoyed this series before Elaina's transition - since then, it's been a little "meh" in my opinion.  I even deleted four unseen episodes because they've just been sitting there on my DVR.

// Red Band Society.  Truth be told here, I didn't watch more than two episodes.  I'm a sucker for teenage dramas, so I thought I would be all over this.  I found it a bit depressing and over the top as far as devastating things that can happen.  Not to mention the fact that it is completely unrealistic.

// Revenge.  This one barely made this list.  I started watching it recently on Netflix, and I don't know why it lost my interest.  I liked the idea of it, but always found myself choosing something else over it.  Those of you who still watch it - should I go back?

// The Taste.  I'm not much of a foodie, but I liked the premise behind this one.  Sort of Top Chef meets The Voice.  Recently, I've seen some commercials for the beginning of this season - and all they did was remind me that I didn't miss it.

// Stalker.  I was so excited for this one - and even Tim watched with me!  But again, it become too predictable and almost boring to us.  If we'd both rather do laundry than watch this, it's a problem.

// Always Sunny.  The early years of Always Sunny were amazing.  I can't pinpoint when it stopped being funny to us, but it did.  Maybe it felt a little forced?  Is it even still on?

// Almost Scandal.  My sister got me to start watching this in the Tampa airport when our flight was delayed five hours.  I wasn't in to it.  It could have been the fact that we were sitting there for that long, or that we were sharing earphones - either way, I didn't get past the second episode.  Last year, after hearing all of the hype, I gave it another try.  And I'm so glad I did!

Have any of you given up on the same shows?  Any others that didn't make my list?  And while we are at it, share your favorites so I can add them to Netflix.  Bonus points if the men in your life like it too.  I wish there were more shows that Tim and I liked to watch together.  Right now we only have Homeland and Shameless (PS we're behind on both, so don't spoil anything!)

Linking up with Anne for Wednesday Wishes.

PS - Take 25% of any ad space with code THANKFUL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!