Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Labour of Life

Have you all met Linda at A Labour of Life?  She's a Canadian fashion and lifestyle blogger that always has a fresh spin on everyday life.  Her daily outfits are so fun - her spin on everyday essentials is something to take inspiration from!  I love how she mixes patterns and makes it look great, something that I've always wanted to experiment with.  Then there is this super easy yet fun Halloween costume that she shared with us this year.

Linda's outlook on life really opened my eyes - that we shouldn't wait for the perfect moment, but make any moment perfect ourselves. Go ahead and read her post, it will make more sense after!



 To get to know Linda a little better, I asked her some questions.  Read below to see some great answers!  My favorite is her answer to what American things she wishes she could buy in Canada... that kind of thing fascinates me!


What is your favorite accessory?
Large statement necklaces, I cannot narrow it down more than that because I do have a lot but I love a great necklace and a scarf oh yeah and a great purse... hard to pick a single item but I think I will go with a great necklace.


How do you put an outfit together - is there one piece you always start with?
I usually pick one thing that I really want to wear and work around it, sometimes its a pair of shoes or boots and sometimes a necklace and I will build around that item,  like Monday I had to wear my new leopard booties and I built an outfit around the boots, but other days I have decided to wear a necklace and work around that. So its not always the same thing I work around but there usually is one thing that I get the urge t wear and have to go from there.
(I love the leopard booties, see above!)
 
How many pairs of shoes do you own? (be honest!)
As I hang my head in shame I just passed the 150 mark.. and it would have been a lot higher but when I relocated to Ottawa 7 years ago I left a lot behind.  Don't judge me please I do love my shoes.
(No judgement here... shoes are a girls best friend!)
 
Wine or beer?  Or something else?
This one is tough, I love both.. Beer I have a tendency to lean towards lime beers but I do love my light beers but wine well, we have a wine cellar and vacation around spots where we can visit vineyards so I guess I have to go with WINE.
 
What's one thing from the US that you wish you could get in Canada?
The awesome yogurt flavours you have...sounds silly but you have such a great selection of Greek yogurts.  (Used to be Brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts and Peanut Butter Chocolate pop tarts but we now get those here, yea).   I have a list of grocery items I purchase everytime I am in the states.  Also, I do wish we had tailgate parties like you have in the states, you guys have awesome football and awesome tailgate parties, I love the atmosphere.  Hockey is amazing but we do not have the same party atmosphere.

What's your favorite vacation spot?
I have to go seasonal here,  In the fall I love the Poconos or Williamsburg and in the dead of winter the Mayan Rivieria.

It's Saturday morning.  Where are you/what are you doing?
Saturday Morning you will find me snuggled on the sofa with my cat and my computer, with a gigantic cup of tea.  I love a Saturday with no plans, no expectations and just me time.  I usually try and catch up on blog posts I have missed reading. In the warmer months you will find me outside on the deck, still with computer and tea in hand or floating in the pool.  I am a Saturday homebody.
 
Why do you blog?
I love sharing all the pieces of me, i post outfits during the week, crafts, food and travel on the weekends. I started out blogging because I thought I was being "to vain" posting outfit and shoe pictures on Instagram and blogging was a way to express myself in a forum that I had no idea was so, so very popular and then I got immersed n this world we call blogging and got hooked, now I blog as a way of communicating with new friends and to keep a record of life. I love the relationships that develop with fellow bloggers and that is what most keeps me motivated to continue.


Make sure to check out Linda here:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!