Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Eat and Organize

Last month, I wrote about my goals for October in regards to food.  Looking back, I probably should have had goals such as "don't eat all of the leftover Halloween candy", or "stop eating like you have the metabolism of your 18 year old self", but I would have failed miserably at those so I guess it's a good thing those weren't my goals.  Let's revisit:

Make homemade pasta.  Unfortunately, this was a big fail.  I didn't realize how many steps it took (and tools!) so although I did keep looking it up, I never purchased the necessary gadgets.  I did however tell my Mom that I wanted to learn how to do this - and when she asked if it was "Christmas present-worthy" I said yes.  So maybe in the New Year I will be able to cross this off my list.

Try a new food.  I'm not sure if this should be counted, but I did try an actual coffee drink from Starbucks for the first time.  I've said before that I don't like coffee, but while in Nashville my friend got an Iced Caramel Macchiato made with soy milk, and it was delicious!  So delicious that I've ordered one on my own since then.  Does it count?

Make one new recipe each week.  I completely rocked this one.  I made Caramelized Italian Chicken (amazing), Chicken Gyros (so-so), Garlic Parmesan Pasta (easy and yummy - I added turkey meatballs) and Chicken Teriyaki (make this now!).  It gets difficult week and week to plan meals, so I always love finding new family favorites to incorporate.

For November, the challenge is organize.  This is one I desperately need because I feel with two littles, our things are constantly multiplying.  I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to organizing so I'm excited to get in to it.  My goals:

1.  Clean out E's closet
2.  Clean out my closet and move my summer clothes to storage
3.  Clear out my makeup and body care stash.  Let my friends have at it and take whatever they want.  I have way too much from Ipsy and Birchbox bags and will never get to it before it goes bad.  This also includes things I have tried and did not like for whatever reason.  (Dinner Club girls get ready!)
4.  Clean out the front hall closet

As you can see, I have a lot of work to do in closets.  We are bursting at my house's seams and do not have any storage left.  Clearing out some of our junk will make me feel less like I'm drowning in clutter!

Today is Wednesday, so I am also linking up with Anne and wishing that I can make time to actually do the above tasks.  I also wish that I don't get stuck in E's closet, reminiscing about when she was smaller, although I can guarantee that this will happen. :)

Not Entirely Perfect

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!