Friday, May 29, 2015

Blogger Love v.43 + Chits & Giggles

Happy Friday friends!  I hope you all had a great week - I know I did.  It's finally summer here and we have been taking full advantage of the sun and heat.

In blogland, I announced the beginning of Blogging: A to Z, which is a series I'm starting with tips on what has worked for me while starting and growing this blog.  I'm excited to hear what works for you too!

I also shared my exciting night with New Kids on the Block with you all - and I'm still in love with them as I was 25 years ago.

If you haven't entered yet, there is a giveaway going on for a Target giftcard!

Today, I have a special blogger to introduce you to - Kristyn from Chits & Giggles.  Kristyn writes about blogging tips to book reviews and everything in between.  Want to learn a little more?  Keep reading below!


You have some great book reviews on your blog.  What are some of your favorites, and why?
Reading is something that I absolutely love to do.  Just ask my husband...he doesn't understand how I can just read book after book.  List out my favorite books is going to be so hard.  I have reviewed so many books, but I think that some of my favorites are ones that I remember.  Either something shocking happens (like in Gone Girl), or the story just resonates with me (like in Firefly Lane).  

I also think that where you are in life can affect how you feel about a certain book.  There are books that I enjoyed, but probably would have loved much better if I had been in a different place in my life.

How did you come up with your blog name?  What were some of the other options?
My husband (boyfriend at the time) gets full credit for coming up with Chits & Giggles.  He loved that it was a play on words and that it was something memorable.  I just liked that he came up with it randomly one night.  My old blog name was complete BLAH and it needed to be changed.  I have stuck with my husband's suggestion ever since then. 

What's the best piece of blogging advice you've received?
I think the best thing I realized too late was that to be consistent doesn't mean you have to post 5 times a week.  I remember there were all these bloggers saying you had to post 5 times a week, and I'm sorry but that just doesn't work for everyone.  I can't come up with decent content that often, so I really suffered in that arena for a while.  Now, I post M-W-F and usually have my week's posts up by Sunday night.  That just is such a relief and something you need to do if you want to keep a home life/blog balance.  

If you could go back in time, is there any part of your life you would do-over?  When is it and why?
I think I would change high school.  I loved parts of it, but I was so involved in colorguard and winterguard that I couldn't really have a life in high school.  I was also so busy that I couldn't really get into trouble - I barely had time to breathe, let alone start drinking alcohol.  
 Thanks Kristyn!

I also wanted to share some of my favorite posts with you for Blogger Love!
"Anyway." by Flowers in My Hair
"Facebook: The Beast Has Died" by Chits & Giggles

Link up your favorites below, and find some new to you bloggers this weekend!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!