Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Why Family Dinners are Important - How to Get Involved

It's no secret that our family has gone through a lot of change over the last few months.  With travelling, living in hotels, living with friends, moving across country, unpacking and starting school, we have had our share of busy days.  The one thing that is so important to us, no matter how hectic or crazy our days have been, is sharing family meals together.



Sure, some days we aren't always at home together during meal times, but sitting down to share a meal is a part of my day that I look forward to.  Of course, leading up to actually sitting down is hectic - and I'd be lying if I said I ever got to actually sit for more than a few minutes (moms, can I get a "yes"! on this?!) but I look forward to it because it's one of the few times that the four of us can take a breather and reconnect.

Billion Family Dinners shares my feelings on the importance of this time together.  Did you know that dinners together can reduce stress and obesity?  It's true.  And "family dinner" does not have to mean a traditional family - friends that are like family can have the same effect.  Just sitting down and reconnecting with those you love brings you many health benefits - including increased happiness!

I, along with Billion Family Dinners, urge you to join the movement of having and tracking family dinners throughout September and October.  You can download an app straight to your iPhone or on Google Play.  I love the app because it gives you conversation starters as well!

Every time you have a family dinner, tag me on social media (@allthejoys on twitter and instagram) as well as @BillionDinners (instagram) or @DinnerCall (twitter) and use the hashtag #BillionDinners.  

The user that tracks the most dinners using the app will be rewarded!  Be sure to tag me so we can keep track. :)

Happy (family dinner style) Eating!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!