Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Pomeroy Life

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today I have a special blogger to share with you - and she makes me want to be a better person, she is doing amazing things!

The Pomeroy Life is written by Devra, and I am quite certain that you will be clicking over to learn more about her by the end of this post.  


Devra's Five Things She Can't Live Without:
  • the Sun - the first year I lived in KY I really thought I had mistakenly moved to Seattle because it rains a lot more here than it does in KS. I learned that I have to have the sunshine in my life.  I go for a walk on my lunch break pretty much everyday. 
  • My Husband - He's is a faithful example of God's grace and love toward me.  He makes me better than I am by myself. 
  • Snacks - I have a real "hanger" problem.  I never go anywhere without food. 
  • Coffee - Both for the caffeine and the fact that I enjoy it. 
  • Laughter - I love to laugh, and I love it when my house is filled with laughter from my husband and our two roommates.  Laughter is the best medicine, makes for the best memories, and can turn any day into a great day.
Devra's Five Things She Can't Stand:
  • My raging sweet tooth... Will got me a shirt that says "I run because I really really love dessert." #truth 
  • When my house is cluttered.  It's probably a good thing we don't have kiddos yet, lol.  I am not a clean freak by any means, but I am a neat freak. I feel so stressed when the house is cluttered.  For the record, I don't mind clutter in other people's houses, and I don't judge it either because I know how hard it is to keep up with. 
  • How marginalized communities are stuck in cycles of poverty, poor nutrition, broken homes, and low expectations.  People are people.  Everyone deserves education, good nutrition, and also to be loved and believed in. 
  • Unnecessary language, graphic violence, nudity, sex etc.. in movies and tv shows. The story lines would work just as well without those things. And sometimes it can honestly be difficult to find a movie to watch without that stuff. 
  • Convenience foods... there are so many things added to our foods.  But almost more than the additives, I dislike how it caters to our on the go life style and enables our society's neglect of a slow, intentional time together in the evenings. 
These posts need to be checked out!

Want to get to know her better?  Thought so: Facebook || Instagram || Pinterest || Twitter


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!