Friday, June 5, 2015

Blogging A-Z: About Me & Blogger Love v.43

Welcome to the first installment of Blogging A-Z.  Today, A is for "About Me".


When I find a new blog, whether it be from twitter, recommendations (like Blogger Love), or comments left on one of my posts, I like to first start at the About Me page.  It's the best way, in my opinion, to get to know the blogger in a few short minutes.

There are a few things that make an "About Me" page catch my attention.  

Pictures.  I like to see who you are, plain and simple.  Show me a picture of yourself!  Include one of your family or furbabies, if you blog about them frequently.  The one thing I don't like with pictures is if they are overwhelming.  A good rule of thumb is 2-4.  

Likes and Dislikes.  I have been known to follow a blogger just based on these facts.  It's a quick glimpse in to your personality!

Favorite/Most Popular Posts.  Show off your best content!  This is a great place to put your top posts, or posts you are particularly proud of.  It gives me insight on how you perceive your blog and what you like to write about.

Length.  Generally, I like a shorter, to the point "About Me" page.  If it is loaded with pictures or paragraphs, I generally skip most of it.

Here are a few examples of "About Me" pages that I admire:

Besides having gorgeous photos, I like how Erica tells us about each family member with pictures.  She also incorporates her favorite/most popular posts within the content of her "About Me".

It's safe to say that I love everything Nina puts on her blog - but this "About Me" is perfect in my opinion.  It's easy to read, concise, and has the perfect amount and size of pictures.  You really get a sense of who Nina is just by reading this!

What do you think?  What makes a great "About Me" page for you?  I know we all have different opinions, so I'd love to hear yours! 
Truth be told - I've had "redo my About Me page" on my blogging to-do list for months now.

This week for Blogger Love, I have two favorite posts I'd like to share with you!

"My Blog is Giving Me a Complex" by The Rachael Way.  I think we (bloggers) have all felt this way a time or two!

"On My List: Upcoming Fall TV" by Becoming Adorrable.  I always listen to Becca's suggestions - and have saved a few of these!

Do you have some posts by others that you'd like to give special attention to?  Link up below!

Thank you for the tips and tricks given for my new budget.  So far, so good (even though I realize we are only five days in!).  Also, the code of RIGHTSTUFF for 30% off any spot is still active - just a few more uses left if you are interested!

Have a great weekend everyone!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and appreciate all comments! I will respond directly to the email address linked to your comment. If you are a no-reply blogger I will respond to you here. Thanks for stopping by!